Updated 18 February 2021
Sharing and using your personal information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use a number of applications to help us understand how our customers use the Site and find the Site.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a system that tracks data, such as page views. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Google Search Console – Google Search Console is a system that registers what keywords webpages are found on in Google.
You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can (find out how to) opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/90274/manage-your-linkedin-ads-settings
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
When you use our website’s web form to get in touch with us, we will use the filled-out information for communication and store this information for future contact.
We use the marketing platform Sendinblue for sending out our newsletter. If you subscribe to our newsletter your information will be transferred and processed by Sendinblue. Please read more on Sendinblue’s policy here: https://www.sendinblue.com/legal/termsofuse/
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Promatica Digital Solutions
Headingley Enterprise & Arts Centre
Leeds LS6 3HN
Telephone: 0330 111 2842